UNIVERSITY PROFESSOR (Viena, AT)
The Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna is currently accepting applications for a university professor to join its team in Austria.
In accordance to § 99 UG 2002 of the Universities Act 2002 (Universitätsgesetz, UG 2002) for a position in architectural design at the Institute for Art and Architecture (IKA). The appointment is for a period of one year starting from 15 February 2019.
Architectural education at the IKA is based on five interrelated platforms, which structure teaching contents and constitute the institute’s operative basis.
These platforms are:
Analogue Digital Production (ADP), Construction Material Technology (CMT), Ecology Sustainability Conservation (ESC), History Theory Criticism (HTC), Geography Landscapes Cities (GLC).
Requirements for application:
– qualified as an architect in Austria or abroad or proof of equivalent academic qualification
– proof of excellent and internationally recognised achievements in architecture (design practice and construction) or equivalent achievements in theory and the arts
– proof of teaching qualifications and experience in at least one of the fields mentioned above
– an excellent command of English and/or German
– Applicants should prove working knowledge of architectural design. – Candidates should show substantial experience in at least one of the five platforms.
Teaching duties include courses totalling in at least 14 teaching hours per week.
The gross monthly salary according to the collective bargaining agreement for university employees in group A1 is currently EUR 5.005,1.
The Academy of Fine Arts Vienna intends to increase the number of women in all areas of staff, particularly in managerial, scientific and artistic staff positions. Therefore, the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna greatly encourages qualified women to apply. In the event that several applicants are equally qualified, women will be the preferred candidates. The Academy of Fine Arts Vienna is committed to implementing anti-discriminatory measures in its personnel policies. Applicants will not be reimbursed for travelling and accommodation expenses incurred as a result of their participation in the application process.
Interested candidates are invited to send their applications here until 17 May 2018.