INTERMEDIATE ARCHITECT (Vancouver, CA)
Arno Matis Architecture has an opportunity for an intermediate architect to join its Vancouver-based office.
AMA is an ambitious and experimental design-centered practice with a fast-growing portfolio of innovative projects ranging in scale from light fixtures to high-rise towers.Our boutique design studio of 20 allow team members to work on a variety of project-typologies. Current typologies include single-family, large-scale office/hotels, multi-family – mid and high-rise, resort, and an entertainment arena complex.
We are currently seeking to fill full-time positions at the intermediate level. Candidates must have an undergraduate or graduate level degree in architecture from an accredited university.
– project design, design development and documentation for the purposes of obtaining development and building permits
– preparing drawings for tender, drawing detailing, construction documentation through to issued for construction documents
– minimum four-eight+ years of relevant experience
– excellence in design and detail development
– eye for precision and accuracy
– excellent ability to develop design concepts from sketches/direction
– proficiency in CAD (AutoCAD) preferred but not required
– proficiency in Revit preferred but not required
– proficiency in Rhino preferred but not required
– experience in multi-family housing preferred but not required
– excellence in residential unit layouts
– good graphic communication skills
– ability to work effectively as part of a team in a highly collaborative studio atmosphere.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org attn: ‘Arno Matis’ with your portfolio and resume. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Portfolio/Resume accepted in Chinese or Japanese or English.