ARCHITECT/CREATIVE DIRECTOR (Kuwait, KW)
Kharafi Global Company, a leading restaurant developer and operator based in the Gulf countries has an opportunity for the position of architect and creative director to join its headquarters in Kuwait.
Kharafi Global develops its own restaurant and café brands and also carries a portfolio of leading American and international franchises. We conceptualize and bring foreword advanced concepts of better culinary directions coupled with emphasis on aesthetics and good design.
We are interested in recruiting an architectural designer who can help us carry our vision foreword and contribute to the enhancement of our present restaurant brands and help produce newer and better ones.
Responsibilities and job requirements:
– concept development and presentation capabilities in 3D Model and renderings
– have talent, creativity and passion for modern design
– understands internal fit outs and eager to learn and advance further
– developed an individual design language and is abreast with international designers and design publications, blogs and Instagram accounts
– able to produce a complete set of architectural CAD drawings, construction documents, construction details, B.O.Q and specification documents for every project
– knowledge on Adobe and Photoshop
– knowledge on current design trends, furniture and reputable architects and product designers
– able to develop good architectural details and bespoke joinery elements
– monitor supplier budget and quotes and oversee site meetings with contractors on behalf of the company management, set budgets and carry good negotiating skills
– product knowledge on sourcing of FF&E, lighting and bathroom fixtures related to the hospitality sector
– possess time management skills and has sense of prioritization and diligence with follow-ups
– accredited bachelor degree in architecture or interior architecture from a recognised institution
– minimum work experience of three-five years with a relevant career in architectural firms or studios with some experience of design in the hospitality sector
– construction site and project management experience is a plus
– maintains an updated and well put together design portfolio
– able to demonstrate strong design interest, can reference favored projects in the hospitality sector and work of good architects, can show favored bookmarks on design blogs and share pinterest boards
– willing to permanently relocate to Kuwait for the duration of contract period
– proficient and fluent in written and spoken English
Please email CV’s including references and portfolios to : email@example.com
Candidates should only send portfolios of their own design, illustrating ability of concept development and good photography will only be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified through skype or physical interviews.