PROJECT ARCHITECT (Bangalore, IN)
We are currently in search of a Project Architect who is proficient and highly experienced with all phases of the design and construction process from schematic design through the bid process and construction administration. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for more responsibility, design freedom, and the hunger to create amazing spaces and revolutionize the definition of workspace.
As a Project Architect you will be involved in multiple projects from start to finish working with internal construction, design, logistics, operations and development teams as well as other inter-departmental groups. Externally, you will be managing and interfacing with hired consultants (MEP, Structural, local Architect of Record, GC’s and expeditor(s)).
– Ensure efficient and quality design projects, by collaborating with all teams on the execution of WeWork standards, goals and brand ideals.
– Communicate regularly to upper management and the project team with updates, for example, of the status of each project, potential issues on site, changes in schedule or budget, etc.
– Work collaboratively with internal and external team members.
– Ability to solve and manage any issues that may arise during the entire project, from deal release to opening.
– Responsible for determining and organizing functional requirements, providing programming and space planning, and code analysis with minimal direction.
– 4+ years practical experience in high end hospitality, Residential, Commercial or Retail Architectural Design.
– BArch / MArch Degree required.
– Proficient in the following programs: Revit, all things Google, CAD, SketchUp, MS Office
– Knowledge & comfort working with ADA, zoning, and building code.
– Produce construction documentation utilizing Revit on projects with minimal supervision.
– Comprehensive knowledge and experience in Schematic design, Design Development, permitting and construction documentation
– Ability to confidently review and markup these documents. Knowledge of all disciplines, preferred.
– Understanding of Project budgeting and scheduling with a focus on soft costs and the ability to communicate and work closely with consultants to ensure that project milestones are being met and deliverables are on time.
– Comprehensive knowledge of building materials and construction methods.
– Excellent design and communication skills
– Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented.
– Participate in project teams that include high profile/high visibility projects
– Excellent decision-making skills
– Ability to initiate and maintain extensive contacts with professionals and officials of other organizations and companies
– Self-directed with a high level of initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude, but open to feedback.
– Highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner
– Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
– Excellent organizational and ‘people’ skills
– A commitment to delivering outstanding high end design.