EXPERT IN DIGITAL FABRICATION & COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN (Barcelona, ES)
The Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia (IAAC) is an International Centre for Education, Fabrication and Research based in Barcelona and dedicated to the development of architecture capable of meeting the worldwide challenges in constructing 21st Century habitability.
The Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia (IAAC) is looking to extend its team.
– Teaching in Master’s Seminars & Hosting workshops;
– Technical support to PHD research projects;
– Participation in research on new digital fabrication processes;
– Participation in projects development of applied research, Industrial applications, product design and knowledge transfer.
– Additive manufacturing (3D Printing) for the architectural scale;
– Material research and performance;
– Design to Production development.
– Expertise in Parametric Design and Digital Fabrication tools (Rhinoceros 3D, Grasshopper 3D, Processing, Arduino, Laser Cutter, Milling Machine, 3D printers, Industrial Robots etc.);
– Previous experience in Academia, Teaching, Research, Scientific Papers & Publications;
– Previous Experience in Architectural (or similar disciplines) practise;
Autonomous, able to take on responsibilities and coordinate a team efficiently;
– Willing to learn, motivated, enthusiastic and social.
Hours: 40 hours a week (Monday to Friday, daily from 10.00 to 14.00 and from 16.00 to 20.00)
Language: English (Spanish appreciated)
Position Commencement: 9th of January 2017
If you are in Barcelona, or you are interested in moving to Barcelona, and working with us, please send us your CV and Portfolio by the 5th of December 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subject should be: Expert in Digital Fabrication & Computational Design – Job Application