LICENSED SENIOR ARCHITECT WITH CD/CA EXPERIENCE (Nueva York, US)
OMA’s New York office is looking for a senior architect to oversee the CD/CA phases of a cultural building. Ideally, candidates should have experience on cultural projects; specifically, should provide references of museum or gallery experience.
Candidates should have extensive experience in construction documentation and construction administration, both in the production, as well as the consultant, contractor, and client coordination efforts. In addition, candidates should have experience in developing client relationships, leading and mentoring a team and completing extremely high quality work. The candidate will work closely with the partner and the associate-in-charge of the project for the duration of the project.
– 10+ years of proven experience in all phases of design process: conceptual, detail and design development, with particular focus on construction documents, construction administration, and site supervision
– master’s degree in architecture, ideally with U.S. license
– professional proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit
– excellent Adobe Suite skills
– knowledge of building codes
– highly developed skills in client communications, contract documentation, project scheduling, team leadership, building design, technical detailing, consultant coordination, construction administration
– experience with cultural projects
– experience with museum or gallery projects
– experience with innovative façade detailing
– experience with integration of site / landscape, and ideally underground parking
– track record of realised and / or published projects
– fluency in written and spoken English
– deep understanding of OMA’s work and the capability to execute its design intentions through the various stages to completion
The selected candidate is expected to start in December 2016. This position is only available to applicants based in the US.