ECOLOGICAL ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN LECTURER (Shanghai, CN)
The DeTao-SIVA (DeTao Masters Academy – Shanghai Institute of Visual Arts) advanced ecological architecture design BA degree programme invites applications for a full time lecturer to teach a studio course in ecological architectural design.
This is an English speaking position.
– teach students using a systematic plan of lectures, seminars, case studies, field assignments and independent or group projects
– contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum
– develop learning materials, prepare schemes of work and maintain records to monitor student progress, achievement and attendance
– participate in the development, administration and marking of exams and other assessments
– advise students on course and academic matters
– minimum master’s degree in architecture
– demonstrated ability to successfully teach architecture, ecological design, environmental design or sustainable systems preferred. – excellent English proficiency required
Programme and institution:
The advanced ecological architecture design BA degree program is a part of the ‘SIVA-DeTao Advanced Class’, a four-year undergraduate cooperative education degree platform offered by the Shanghai Institute of Visual Art and the DeTao Group. Led by an international team, the four year programme provides students with the knowledge and skills to design ecological architectural buildings, neighbourhoods and communities, utilising sustainable principles traditional Chinese philosophy.
At DeTao we believe that human capital is the driving force of human progress, wellbeing and sustainability. Hundreds of global leading experts have joined our master’s platform to engage in educational and commercial collaborative projects in the greater China region.