SENIOR FURNITURE DESIGNER (Londres, UK)
Since 1964 Habitat has been challenging the way that people style and shop for their homes. We’re an iconic home ware and furniture retailer with three long standing London stores and a fast expanding extensive website. Our reputation is for well made functional design with personality and a point of difference.
We are looking for a senior designer to work on furniture, upholstery and lighting. The successful candidate needs to be imaginative, energetic and a team player joining a small dynamic studio to work on multiple product briefs on furniture, upholstery and lighting. Reporting directly to the creative director the role carries an attractive salary and competitive benefits package and is London based.
The role Involves:
– demonstrating and acting on awareness of trends and competition
– collaboration with creative director and buying team
– working imaginatively and accurately to design briefs
– conception, preparation and presentation of sketch work ideas
– production of working drawings
– collaboration with buying team throughout design and sampling process
– travel with buyers to review/amend/approve samples
– creative and practical ability
– drawing skills and a strong visual awareness
– good knowledge of CAD, Rhino and Adobe Suite
– understanding and hands on experience of furniture manufacturing processes
– the ability to work to tight deadlines
– good communication skills
– adaptability and flexibility
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with CV and digital portfolio link/pdf. Unfortunately we will only be able to reply to applicants successfully shortlisted.