LECTURER/SENIOR LECTURER ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN TECHNOLOGIES (Sidney, AU)
The University of Sydney is Australia’s first university and has an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. It employs over 7500 permanent staff, supporting over 52,000 students.
The faculty of architecture, design and planning at the university is focused on the built environment and uses methods of architecture, design, planning, science, art, engineering, IT, and social sciences to analyse, understand and design innovative environments. We have one of Australia’s best university laboratory infrastructures for research and design in the built environment, including an illumination lab, audio and acoustics labs, and the only IEQ (indoor environmental quality) lab in the southern hemisphere. We have a major and ongoing investment in the design modelling and fabrication lab, including architectural robotics.
We are seeking to appoint a lecturer/senior lecturer in architectural design technologies to make a substantial contribution to teaching and research in the faculty’s architecture programmes.
Key areas of teaching are in design, technology, and building envelope design, whilst teaching responsibilities will include the coordination and delivery in whole, or part of, selected core and elective units of study in those areas.
You will also be expected to build research collaborations within the faculty, the University and beyond, and to successfully apply for research funding to develop your research area.
You will have:
– a record of successful translation of research outcomes into high impact, international, peer-reviewed outputs in high quality outlets
– ability to articulate the application of your research to real-world problems and opportunities
– success in obtaining competitive grant funding and/or industry funding as an individual or part of a team
– capacity to attract high quality PhD candidates, and to successfully supervise them through to timely completions
– demonstrated track record of successful lecturing and tutoring experience in architectural technologies/construction and design including the ability to develop, coordinate, and evaluate teaching and learning
– professional qualifications and experience as an architect with evidence of highly innovative work in theory or practice that is receiving acknowledgement for its innovation, insight, experimentation or advancement of architecture.
You will play a vital part in consolidating the faculty’s reputation as an international centre for architectural research that makes a significant contribution to the field, and addresses real world problems.
Please note: it is anticipated that applicants will have an architectural background, but essential is the capacity to bridge technology and design culture.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit http://www.sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 2398/1115 for more information and to apply.
Application deadline: March 2, 2016