VOLUNTEER ARCHITECT (Londres, UK/Nepal)
Article 25 is an international development and disaster relief charity based in central London. As the UK’s leading architectural aid charity we design, manage and deliver sustainable buildings in areas affected by disaster, poverty and need. We believe that by making our skills and designs available where they are most needed, but rarely available, we can make a real difference in helping communities meet their basic needs and create a healthier society.
We are currently seeking a motivated and experienced architect with a passion for international development to work on Article 25’s projects in Nepal. Based in Article 25’s London office, this position will involve travel to Nepal.
This is an incredible opportunity for keen and energetic individuals who are looking for valuable experience in this sector, and a chance to work with a dynamic and innovative NGO. The office is a hard working environment where you will be expected to be able to take initiative and produce work to a high quality. You will have a chance to make a genuine creative contribution and take ownership of your own work and projects. Current project locations include Myanmar, Haiti, Morocco, Nepal, Niger and Burkina Faso.
Skills and knowledge:
– strong design skills
– experience in seismic design is advantageous
– awareness of the role of construction design skills in international development
– RIBA Part-II or III qualified
– experience working in difficult environments with emphasis on local design and construction as well as working with local communities
– project leadership and contract administration experience preferred
– experience in health care design preferred
– advanced in AutoCAD
– team player
– ability to understand context
– ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple tasks
– displays honesty, integrity and a strong sense of ethics in all decisions and actions
Article 25 is an NGO team of construction professionals designing built solutions in post-disaster and post-war locations throughout the world. Previous projects include:
– post-earthquake school reconstruction in Haiti
– earthquake resistant housing construction Pakistan
– prototype child friendly school in Burkina Faso
Start date: Earliest date possible.
Duration: Six months (flexible length of time).
Full-time candidates will be given preference
Terms: Volunteer position
Submit a covering letter, CV and sample of your work to email@example.com with ‘Nepal architect’ in the subject line of the email.