MODEL MAKER INTERNSHIP (Amsterdam, NL)
UNStudio: For our office in Amsterdam we are looking for an intern model maker (40 hours per week) to support the design process by translating 3D concepts to physical scale models for diverse projects, ranging from buildings to product design. The internship will be for a minimum period of six months, starting in January 2016.
– architectural background
– English speaking is a must
– a strong perception of 3D space and sense of scale
– ability to work with a wide array of materials from wood to plastics
– proficiency in a number of software packages
– independently work with a diversity of machine and hand tools
– ability to keep deadlines and work in a team
Used software in the office:
– rhino is the primary tool of our designers, and where most 3D data is extracted
– laser files are prepared in AutoCAD, as can etching files
– for printing the purpose of clean-up and control of 3D printing, we use Magics
– illustrator can also be used for laser and etch files
– CNC milling files can also be prepared in 3D Pronto
Tools used by the model room:
– 3D printing is done on either the z-printer, Form1+ or the replicator
– plastic, card and thin wood are cut on our Versa Laser
– we have a spray booth with extractor
– our machine table includes amongst other machines, a table and band saw, a sander and a router
– we have an extensive collection of small hand and model power tools
Presentation, archiving and documentation:
– we have two system cameras and daylight simulator lights for model photography
– models are systematically documented and appropriate archived when appropriate
– the model team is responsible for this process
What we offer:
A challenging position in an independent young and international working environment. The position offers an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the success of design.
Are you interested in the job description and do you recognise yourself in the profile, please sent a short motivation letter, your CV and your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to emphasise that we don’t take your application into account if you are not enrolled as a student.