ARCHITECT/PROJECT MANAGER/ENGINEER (Yangon, MM)
Article 25 is an NGO team of construction professionals designing built solutions in post-disaster and post-war locations throughout the world.
– post-earthquake school reconstruction in Haiti.
– children’s hospital in Morocco
– prototype child friendly school in Burkina Faso
– earthquake resistant housing construction in Pakistan
Article 25 is an international development and disaster relief charity based in central London. As the UK’s leading architectural aid charity we design, manage and deliver sustainable building solutions in areas affected by disaster, poverty and need.
We believe that by making our skills and designs available where they are most needed, but rarely available, we can make a real difference in helping communities meet their basic needs and create a healthier society.
We are currently seeking a motivated, skilful architect/project manager/engineer with experience in international development to join our team improving healthcare buildings in Yangon (Rangoon).
Providing leadership and advice in a programme requiring the following experience:
– technical background in design and construction
– Burmese language advantageous
– strong communication skills to effectively promote best practice among team members and other agencies
– experience of historic building advantageous
– sensitivity and understanding of complex cultural and political issues
– contract administration qualification and experience
– strong technical skills/experience in historic buildings advantageous
– experience working in International development
– strong observational skills in working with contract documents and undertaking site visits
– effective communicator/educator
– experience working in Myanmar advantageous
Consultancy; £21,000pa; 6 months, potential to become permanent contract.
Submit a covering letter, CV and sample of your work to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Myanmar architect’ in the subject line of the email.