HEAD SITE SUPERVISOR/CONSTRUCTION MANAGER (Baku, AZ)
COOP HIMMELB(L)AU is an international design practice with a strong focus on contemporary, creative, innovative and sustainable architecture and urbanism.
CHBL requires an experienced architect or engineer to work full-time on site for a turnkey high rise project in Baku, Republic of Azerbaijan as soon as possible.
– quality/field site supervision
– aesthetical and full technical quality control of all GC works onsite
– responsible for all COOP HIMMELB(L)AU staff onsite
– lead all onsite sub-consultants from COOP HIMMELB(L)AU as required for general planning
– participate in meeting, negotiations and correspondence with client, client representative, GC and local authorities
– supervise and support project manager
– contract and reporting management
– handle claims and essential change orders due to technical quality
– consider value engineering and risk assessment
– participation in construction meetings
– participation in approvals onsite
– construction installations/logistics monitoring and coordination of mock-up and sampling processes
– participate in Inspection onsite
– participate in meetings, negotiations and correspondence in the project testing and handover period
– education and academic degree as an architect or building engineer
– prior experience with high profile and international projects
– prior experience with projects of complex design and an understanding of COOP HIMMELB(L)AU’s design approach
– a minimum of 10-15 years prior experience as an architect or engineer in the role of site supervision/construction administration (either with an architectural office or contractor)
– experience with site supervision/construction administration in Azerbaijan or a similar country
– experience with site supervision/construction administration for a high rise building
– fluency in English is mandatory (official Business language), fluency in Russian is desired, additional knowledge of Azerbaijani or Turkish is a plus
– specialisation in turnkey projects and projects with a Silverbook/Fidic contract
– proficiency in Autocad, Rhino, BIM, Microsoft Office programs; knowledge of established documentation, archiving, scheduling and cost control software
This position will be with COOP HIMMELB(L)AU, but located on site in Baku, Azerbaijan.
To apply please send a letter of motivation, a CV and a portfolio to our human resource department at the hand of Felix Gmeiner, email@example.com.