ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROGRAM ASSISTANT (La Haya, NL)
The European Climate Foundation’s Energy Efficiency Programme is offering a Programme Assistant position. The selected candidate will be based in The Hague and will work closely and actively with the team on a range of tasks:
– General administrative, practical and logistical support, including but not limited to planning and organising meetings, travel logistics, expense reimbursement and invoice processing (approx. 30% time)
– Support the team’s grant-making activities and administrative process: managing relationships with grantees and grant-seekers; reviewing grantee proposals; evaluating grantee reports; managing the potfolio and budget overview via the grants management system (approx. 40% time)
– Research on energy-efficiency related subjects and monitoring of relevant legislative developments
– Support the other team activities: drafting reports, presentations and internal documents; monitoring media for articles of interest to the team and the broader organisation.
The ideal candidate should embody the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
– Relevant work experience and a university degree in the fields of energy, climate, environment and/or public policy.
– At least one year uninterrupted work experience required; project management experience is desirable.
– Demonstrated interest in the mission and values of the European Climate Foundation. A particular understanding of and interest in energy efficiency will be particularly valued.
– Superior written and verbal English skills. Other languages an asset.
– Proven ability to work well under pressure, take initiative and be a creative problem-solver.
– Excellent attention to detail.
– Ability to prioritize tasks, work independently, and to actively generate and implement ideas for programmes and office improvement.
– Willingness to travel on a regular basis, especially to Brussels.
– Strong administrative and computer skills (Power Point, Microsoft, Excell) experience with Mac is an asset.
– Enthusiastic personality, sense of humor, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
This is an intellectually challenging advanced traineeship position with great possibilities for professional development and an excellent work atmosphere.
To Apply: Please send your CV and cover letter in English to: SMO-PAEE@europeanclimate.org. Please indicate ‘Recruitment-Programme Assistant, Energy Efficiency’ in the Subject line. Telephone calls will not be forwarded to the recruitment team. Due to the high numbers of applicants, only short listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates need to be in the possession of a European Passport or a work permit for the Netherlands, if applicable.
Application deadline: 25 October 2016