LECTURER/SENIOR LECTURER IN INTERIOR DESIGN (Bristol, UK)
The UWE Bristol school of art and design seeks to recruit a lecturer/senior lecturer (.5 FTE) with expertise in interior design, with high quality contemporary practice in interior design.
BA(Hons) interior design is a new programme in the school, currently in the second year of its delivery. The successful candidate will offer subject expertise in the expanded field of interior design with a particular focus on commercial practice, to complement existing expertise within the department.
We are looking for an experienced and able creative practitioner with a strong level of current professional experience, including particular interest and expertise in the expanded field of interior design within a commercial environment.
The successful candidate will offer subject expertise in a broad range of interior design practices to complement existing expertise within the faculty. S/he will be expected to actively contribute to the development of practice-based research and have the potential to contribute to the supervision of students engaged in postgraduate research.
Applicants should be active creative practitioners and/or researchers, with thorough knowledge and current experience of contemporary professional practice in Interior Design with experience of teaching.
Essential experience and skills include:
– evidence of contemporary professional practice working in the professional industry of interior design
– evidence of contextual knowledge and making methodologies for interior design practices
– experience of teaching in a further education or higher education environment
– experience of administration and organisation elements of a taught programme
– ability to develop outcomes for a breadth of interior design solutions including domestic, commercial, hotel and leisure, retail, exhibition design, etc.
– excellent grounding in the principals of design for interiors
– knowledge and experience of contemporary industry standard Interior design methodologies and practices
– awareness of the principals and potential of both traditional and contemporary materials and processes relating to interior design practices
Please go to http://www.uwe.ac.uk to complete an application form.
Application deadline: October 25, 2015