PROJECT ARCHITECT (Londres, UK)
SOM London is seeking a Project Architect. The desired candidates will have participated in full phase design/build services in the European market, with distinct experience in the UK. The Project Architect’s responsibilities will include project management responsibilities that are unique to SOM given our projects complexity and scale.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Reconciles the goals and priorities of SOM with those of our clients while fostering opportunities for design and technical excellence.
– Manages, monitors and documents project process
– Enables clear communications among team leaders, consultants and clients; promotes professional relationships internally and externally.
– Develops and maintains a Project Plan for each project.
– Assists in preparation of services agreements
– Serves as primary contact for external consultants and vendors.
– Receives and distributes project communications regarding delivery of services to all team members.
– Understands Document Deliverables in all phases of service.
– Leads project coordination meetings.
– Schedules, chairs and minutes client meetings.
– Monitors contract requirements and identifies changes in project scope, schedule or service.
– Prepares, in conjunction with Project Accountant, appropriate financial statements and reports.
– Reviews timecards on a weekly basis to insure consistency with Project Plan.
– Participates in marketing and business development.
– Actively pursues opportunities for professional development.
– Professional Degree in Architecture
– 5 or more years of progressively responsible project experience including experience of taking projects from inception to completion.
– Part 3 Qualified Architect.
– Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of architectural design, drafting, detailing, building materials, building codes, construction techniques and costs.
– Proven knowledge of general architecture practice including programming, site planning, civil, structural, and mechanical and electrical engineering.
– Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills with the ability to build quick rapport with all levels of employees, clients, consultants and vendors.
– Proven ability in problem identification, problem solving and conflict resolution