ARCHITECTURAL PROFESSIONAL (Londres, UK)
SOM is seeking experienced architectural design professionals to join the London office. Selected candidates will be integral in the design process of large scale-mixed use projects around the world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Performs and completes work on defined segments of a project, after initial and periodic interaction with supervisor and organizes own work efforts within that framework.
– Contributes to detailed preparation of design and construction documents.
– Exhibits thorough understanding of design philosophy of projects and provides input in developing a design strategy relative to assigned task or area or responsibility.
– Seeks creative and innovative solutions to assigned tasks and develops associated research and documentation for these solutions.
– Performs material research and participates in the coordination and preparation of project specifications.
– Checks and coordinates details, dimensions, and schedules.
– Reviews selective shop drawings and samples.
– Develops responses to contractor questions, inquiries, RFI’s etc. under periodic supervision.
– Coordinates work with the project team.
– Prepares field observation reports.
– Provides major input and management of project document control tasks.
– Is actively pursuing or has achieved professional accreditation and licensure.
– Exceptional design skills with clear geometric definition.
– Experience with Geometric articulation is preferred.
– Part II qualifications with experience in architectural drafting and design development.
– Knowledge of building materials, detailing, construction techniques, related engineering principles and building codes.
– Computer Skills: Rhino, Autocad Preferred skills, Grasshopper, 3d max.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills.
– Ability to multi-task, work on own initiative and apply common sense as needed.
– Attention to detail. Work well individually and as part of a team.
– Strong organization and problem solving skills.