ASSISTANT PROFESSOR STRUCTURES (Delft, NL)
The Assistant Professor will:
• Contribute to the broad and diverse research and teaching profile of structural design, particularly structural design of glass;
• Develop, carry out and supervise experimental and numerical research at a high academic level, further develop international leadership in this field, and develop a line of research together with junior staff members and other researchers;
• Teach courses in the Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes of the Faculties of Architecture and Civil Engineering and (co-)supervise graduate and post-graduate students;
• Acquire, or help to acquire, external funding for research, e.g. from research councils;
• Engage in non-academic activities;
• Actively contribute to the organisation of research and teaching and to the development of the discipline by publishing and participating in national and international research networks and educational initiatives;
• Carry out administrative tasks for the Faculty of Architecture and teaching programmes.
We seek applicants with the following qualifications:
• Strong general knowledge in the field of structural design as well as specialised knowledge and experience in structural design of glass in an architectural context;
• Commitment to the research agenda of the section in general and the Programme Group Structural Design of Glass in particular, and commitment to enhancing interdisciplinary collaborations in the field of structural design;
• An outstanding track record in structural design with glass, as exemplified by a PhD thesis in the field, a strong publication record in internationally peer-reviewed journals and/or books published by internationally recognised publishers;
• A demonstrated ability to acquire research funding from external sources (e.g. Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research or other research funding).
For more information about this position, please contact Dr. Fred Veer, phone: +31 (0)15-2781358, e-mail: F.A.Veer@tudelft.nl.
To apply, please send a detailed CV, a list of publications and research projects conducted and a letter of application by 27 February 2015 to Nathalie Bast, HR-BK@tudelft.nl. When applying for this position, please refer to vacancy number BK2015-03.