SENIOR ARCHITECTS 8+YRS.EXPERIENCE (Nueva York, US)
REX is an internationally-acclaimed architecture and design firm based in New York City that consistently develops new building paradigms across many scales and project types. REX is fundamentally driven to advance architectural agency.
To accommodate an expanding number of cultural, residential, and commercial projects worldwide, we are seeking exceptional senior architects to join our dynamic and highly-focused team. Individuals will work within a team of talented and motivated colleagues to explore innovative design solutions and challenge preconceptions while working closely with a project architect and REX’s leadership in our fast-paced and extremely collaborative environment.
Applicants must have:
– a professional degree in architecture; a license in architecture and LEED accreditation are preferred but not mandatory
– eight plus years professional work experience in all phases of project design, documentation, and construction administrations
– experience in cultural, institutional, commercial, and/or residential projects in the U.S. and internationally
– extraordinary design ability, documented through conceptual models, schematic diagrams, and complete architectural drawing sets
– strong knowledge of architectural practice and construction, and experience with design development and construction detailing, including participation in preparation of comprehensive and coordinated design development and construction document sets and data
– ability to execute beautiful presentation deliverables (physical models, drawings, diagrams, renders) within a rapid project schedule
– proven ability to communicate effectively with clients, other architects, consultants, and contractors
– excellent problem-solving and organisational skills, and the ability to work effectively in design teams
– knowledge of building codes, standards, and ADA requirements; familiarity with New York building codes a plus
– excellent facility with AutoCAD, Rhino, Adobe Suite, and MS Office; Revit desirable
– fluency in spoken and written English; abilities in other languages is beneficial but not mandatory
– an entrepreneurial, confident, collaborative, and hands-on attitude
All applicants must complete the REX application found here http://rex-ny.com/contact/employment.
Please submit a single PDF of your completed application, cover letter, CV, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line of e-mail should read: “First Name Last Name_Architect / Senior Architect.” No phone calls or office visits.