PROJECT ARCHITECTS 12+YRS.EXPERIENCE (Nueva York, US)
REX is an internationally-acclaimed architecture and design firm based in New York City that consistently develops new building paradigms across many scales and project types. REX is fundamentally driven to advance architectural agency.
To accommodate an expanding number of cultural, residential, and commercial projects worldwide, we are seeking exceptional project architects to join our dynamic and highly-focused team. These persons will lead teams collegially to explore innovative design solutions and challenge preconceptions while working closely with REX’s leadership in our fast-paced and extremely collaborative environment.
Applicants must have:
– a professional degree in architecture and a U.S. architectural license; LEED accreditation desired
– 12 plus years professional work experience, having managed at least three projects as project architect and/or job captain through all project phases, and leading design teams on complex projects of $50M minimum
– experience in cultural, institutional, commercial, and/or residential projects in the U.S. and internationally
– extraordinary design ability, documented through conceptual models, schematic diagrams, and complete architectural drawing sets
– extensive experience with construction detailing and creating a comprehensive and coordinated construction document set
– proven ability to communicate effectively with clients, other architects, consultants, and contractors, and experience coordinating such teams
– superior interpersonal communication, leadership, problem-solving, and organisational skills
– knowledge of building codes, standards, and ADA requirements; familiarity with New York building codes a plus
– excellent facility with MS Office and Microsoft Project, and comfortable in AutoCAD and Adobe Suite; Revit desirable
– fluency in spoken and written English; abilities in other languages is beneficial but not mandatory
– an entrepreneurial, confident, collaborative, and hands-on attitude
– strong positive references from clients, colleagues, and consultants
All applicants must complete the REX application found here http://rex-ny.com/contact/employment.
Please submit a single PDF of your completed application, cover letter, CV, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention your previous project architect and/or job captain experience in your cover letter. Subject line of e-mail should read: “First Name Last Name_Project Architect.” No phone calls or office visits.