EXPERIENCED ARCHITECT (Italia/Oriente Medio)
OneWorks is an Italian infrastructure, architecture, and urban engineering practice based in Milan with offices in Venice, Rome and Dubai. A contract for the design of metro stations in Middle East (Gulf area) requires an extension of the team active so far on the project.
We are now seeking professionals for architect positions, interested/ available to work in Milan with frequent shifts on site, significant for the development of on the spot design.
Key responsibilities will include preparing and developing, where required, detailed design drawings, models, images and other documents relating to the design. To assist in the co-ordination of the internal design team. To take responsibility for specific areas of the design and project development. You will also liaise with members of the external design team and other associated organisations or companies.
Key qualities and skills required that are essential are as follows:
– ten years experience
– working experience, preferably in the field of public space architecture and infrastructural network transport nodes (stations, interchanges, and airports)
– legally able to work in the country in which the position is based
– able to work and communicate well in English and fluent in spoken Italian
– able to demonstrate ability in the field of public space architecture and infrastructural network transport nodes (stations, interchanges, and airports)
– ability to understand and formulate design decisions and present for discussion
– ability to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design project
– ability to take initiative in response to direction or instruction
– ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently
– a flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and commitment to independent, lifelong learning
– excellent organisational skills
– able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
– good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective team
– resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to priorities duties and work effectively under pressure while remaining calm and professional at all times
Desirable qualities and skills include:
– understanding of the architects role in the co-ordination and integration of project information and management
– ability to assist with the management of junior assistant architects on the team
– ability to use some of the following: BIM, AutoCAD, MicroStation, PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Internet Explorer, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
Please send CVs and portfolio (no larger than 5MB) in PDF format to: email@example.com (obj: Experienced Architect ITALY / GULF AREA) confirming availabilities for job interviews and employment.
Application deadline: October 3, 2014