FACILITIES MANAGER OFFICER – SPACE MANAGER (Roma, IT)
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill the position of Facilities Management Officer (Space Manager) P2, which will be based in the Facilities Management Branch (RMMI) at our Headquarters (HQ) in Rome, Italy.
Qualifications & Experience Required
– University degree, preferably at the advanced level, in Civil/Structural Engineering or Architecture;
– Postgraduate qualifications in relation to facilities management and/ or interior space design are a plus.
– At least 3 years of postgraduate professional experience at increasing levels of responsibility, in building/ facility management and maintenance;
– Experience in engineering or construction, with focus on ‘health and safety’ management is desirable.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
– Thorough knowledge of and experience with AutoCAD;
– Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Project, Excel, Access, Powerpoint and Outlook);
– Knowledge of public procurement systems and procedures, contract formats and construction management is a plus;
– Good knowledge of Photoshop, Acrobat and Archibus applications is an advantage.
– Good communication, negotiation, analytical, problem solving and report writing skills;
– Ability to work in a team and establish effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
– Ability to establish priorities and to monitor contractors;
– Ability to cope with situations which may threaten health or safety.
– Fluency in oral and written English with an intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages).