ARCHITECTURAL INTERN (Londres, UK)
Balmond Studio is a research focused practice involved with architecture, exhibitions and art.
We are looking for an enthusiastic architectural intern to join our studio based in north London.
This is a three-month internship, available immediately.
Responsibilities may include:
– 2D drafting and 3D modelling
– preparing for presentations and maintaining project files
– conducting research on sites, such as zoning laws and rules that apply for international projects
– reviewing building codes to assure that design complies with the minimum legal standards
– building physical models and conceptual research
– performing design computations, specifications, compiling data
– assisting with preparation of construction drawings and construction detailing for contractors
– supporting project teams with general day-to-day design or admin tasks and/or any other reasonable duties as required
Skills and attributes:
– bachelors degree/currently studying in architecture
– excellent command of Adobe Creative Suite and AutoCAD
– strong 3D presentation skills in Rhino
– experience with Maya or 3DS an advantage
– strong rendering skills and model-making skills
– awareness of design and graphic presentation
– friendly, proactive and a willingness to get involved
– ability to work independently and within a team
– fluent in English, UK/EU National or in possession of a valid UK work permit
Please send a cover letter, CV and a brief portfolio (maximum eight pages) to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating “BS23 Architectural Intern” in the subject line. Application deadline: September 12, 2014
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we regret that only successful candidates will be contacted.