INTERIOR DESIGNER (Nueva York, US)
OMA New York has an immediate need for an experienced interior designer with a track record in designing, detailing and specifying public areas, commercial space and office spaces. This position will last for the duration of the project.
All candidates should possess strong technical and communication abilities to function at the highest level of design sensibility.
Candidates must feel confident in a complex, stressful and chaotic environment.
– Degree in architecture and/or interior design, interior architecture, environmental design or other relevant studies
– five years plus experience
– experience in concept through design development, construction documentation and administration phases
– strong conceptual, graphic and design talent or technical knowledge
– experience in other leading international offices or won several prizes and competitions
– fluency in English, another other languages will be a plus
– available immediately
– understanding clients needs and the needs of the people using the building, developing design concepts in consultation with the client and establishing final briefs
– considering materials and costs according to set budgets and negotiating project fees
– researching and gathering information and photographs relating to the project
– producing ‘sample’ or ‘mood’ boards for presentation to clients
– sourcing products, e.g. fittings, furniture, lighting, finishes, decoration and dressing, and providing samples for clients
– preparing detailed working drawings, designs, plans, models and schemes, often using computer-aided design (CAD) software
– surveying buildings
– working in a team with other designers
– supervising work at the design stage and on site
– working closely with quantity surveyors to establish costs and work schedules on larger projects, with architects and other design professionals to determine the best use of space, and with manufacturers and contractors
– keeping up to date with new developments in the design industry
How to apply:
Please visit: http://www.oma.eu/jobs and use our online application form to upload your cover letter, resume and relevant portfolio.