GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Nueva York, US)
The Metropolitan Museum of Art is seeking a graphic designer to join its team in New York.
The graphic designer in communication design works under the senior design manager in communication design to generate design for exhibition identity as well as concept, design and execution for membership, development, education, visitors services, marketing and communications, and digital media.
This person should be experienced creating strategy, messaging and design systems that cross applications and media (including print, digital, and environmental/signage, etc.) for diverse audiences.
This position is critical to creating a robust foundation in the newly established communication design team. This team will produce a majority of the visual research and design concept for exhibition identity, facilitate design alignment across departments and communication vehicles.
They should have experience working with commercial and cultural clients, be facile with screen-based design and digital platforms, and be very flexible and dexterous creatively and professionally.
Primary responsibilities and duties:
– design and execution of diverse graphic projects: print, environmental, and digital
– partner with team to facilitate short and long-term projects
– conduct visual research and concept development generally
– collaboration with exhibition team to extend alignment of exhibition communications and enhance exhibition experience
– other related duties
Requirements and qualifications
Experience and skills:
– five years of graphic design, preferably in the arts
– solid understanding of design and production
– excellent skills in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
– solid skills in pre-press, file preparation, and specification for diverse forms of production
– knowledge of offset printing and print production, both two and four color
– good communication skills and ability to function as part of a team
– ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
Knowledge and education:
– BA, BFA or equivalent experience required
– MFA preferred
To apply for this position please send cover letter, resume, and salary history to: email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.