COMMUNICATIONS INTERN (Rotterdam, NL)
OMA is a leading international office practicing architecture, urban planning, and cultural analysis. Dedicated to the realisation of buildings and masterplans around the world, OMA has projects in over 30 countries with offices in Rotterdam, New York, Beijing, Hong Kong and Doha.
The communications department streamlines the provision of company information internally and externally. It handles the representation of OMA by taking care of the press liaison, events and lectures.
Within the communications department there is an opening for university students and/or recent graduates to join us as a communications intern (paid position).
– assist in the daily operations of the communications department
– process image requests for press
– prepare materials for publication
– organise internal lectures and office tours
– writing and editing press releases and project texts
– update the OMA website
– keep up-to-date with relevant press and communicate it internally
– assist and support members of the communications team
Communications internship – requirements:
– interest in architecture and public relations
– currently pursuing a Bachelor or Master’s degree in journalism, communications, architecture or similar field; or recent graduate
– highly proficient writing skills
– skilled in MS Office and Adobe Products Suite
– European work permit is essential
– fluency in English and at least one other language (German, French, Dutch, Arabic, Mandarin, and/or Italian highly desirable) is essential
– knowledge of design and architecture journalists and publications
– independent, pro-active and confident in a complex and international environment
– understanding of architecture and the economic and political environments in which OMA operates
To apply, visit http://www.oma.com/jobs and use our online application form to upload your cover letter, CV and writing samples.
Interns will receive a monthly stipend.