PROFESSOR OF LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE (Innsbruck, AT)
The University of Innsbruck invites applications for the position of
University Professor of LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE
at the Institute of Urban Design at the Faculty of Architecture.
The position will be based on a 50 % permanent civil law employment contract with the University according to § 98 UG 2002 and is to be filled at the earliest convenience.
The professorship is aimed at an internationally distinguished personality in the field of Landscape Architecture (from landscape design to landscape urbanism and Land Art) who, on the basis of her/his experience, will promote cutting edge disciplinary knowledge in this field. The successful candidate will define and develop Landscape Architecture as a new area at the Faculty of Architecture.
– to establish the field of “Landscape Architecture” in design-based teaching and research within the Faculty of Architecture.
– the future professor will offer design-based creative and scientific courses in the form of lectures, seminars, design classes and field studies at both Bachelor and Master levels.
– a pertinent degree in higher education in Austria or the equivalent abroad;
– pertinent Habilitation or equivalent qualification in teaching and research demonstrated by publications and projects;
– creativity and interest in transdisciplinary research areas;
– experience in working at the interface between Landscape and Architecture, Urbanism and Art;
– international scientific experience pertinent to the discipline;
– excellent teaching skills;
– leadership qualities.
Applications must reach us at the latest by June 4th, 2014.
The University of Innsbruck is committed to increasing the percentage of female employees and therefore invites qualified women to apply. In the case of equivalent qualifications, women will be given preference.
The basic salary is set down in the collective bargaining agreement for university employees. Professors are in the remuneration group A 1. For the position the monthly salary before tax is 2.348,90 Euro (14 x). Depending on qualification and experience a higher salary can be a topic in the negotiations with the rector. Beyond that the university offers attractive additional benefits.
Applications must include:
– a curriculum vitae with a description of scientific and professional development;
– list of scholarly publications, lectures, as well works and projects;
– description of completed, current and planned activities;
– samples of the 5 most important works.
Please provide also a PDF presentation of max. 20 pages to include the following information:
– name and present occupation;
– curriculum vitae of the last 10 years;
– presentation of up to 3 projects.
All application documents are to be submitted in digital form (CD-ROM, email, etc.). Hard copy submissions are optional.
Please note that applicants have no claim for refund of travelling expenses incurred in the course of the application process.