PRESS COORDINATOR (Pekín, CN)
MAD Architects Beijing office is recruiting for enthusiastic, communication talent (architectural major is desirable) to join our team, to work with the press officer, hand by hand with the project architects and partners. This particular person will assemble, select, archive, and release all necessary materials of the projects of MAD architects, and also to drive the academic study.
This particular role will obtain great learning experiences, and platform, to work with top-tier international media, and also other collaborators. Organise or involve in the design or presentation of invited exhibition, involved with major publication content plus promotion. Also involved with daily management of media enquiry, as well as MAD its own digital media platform.
Applicants must demonstrate the following qualities:
– Education; a strong educational background in PR/Communications/ Marketing or a relevant major (or architectural major is mostly desirable).
– Experience; a minimum of two years experience in Press/Communication in major international architecture firms or a relevant profession with professional experience in art/design promotion.
– Knowledge and function; understanding the core function of architect firm, and major communication functions, have knowledge of architectural design, and architectural project in different stages.
– Fluent in spoken and written English, great writing skills especially, with experience working/studying internationally (Chinese and English speaker is preferred).
– Experience working with Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office system.
– Solid written and verbal communication skills as well as grammatical proofing and editing abilities (familiarity with publication production or graphic design would be preferred) with a great sense of communication in both traditional and new media.
– A positive attitude towards obstacles and tight deadlines, out-going, strong communicator and able to take priorities and handle multi-tasks when he/she is required to do so.
Main job tasks and responsibilities:
– build MAD project archive
– build and manage media archive database
– everyday communication with media, solve daily enquiries
– draft or edit press releases/project descriptions, responding to journalist requests, arranging interviews, maintaining the media/press coverage archive
– strengthening the company’s use of social media and managing website and newsletter updates
– pro-actively building the company’s profile and network, eg. through the production of publications, and submissions for awards and competitions
– coordinating participation in international lectures, exhibitions and events, including managing the agenda and travel arrangements
– coordinating with exhibition request, publication and models
Please write to HR@i-mad.com, with the job title you are applying for as the subject of the email.