FULL / ASSOCIATE / ASSISTANT – PROFESSORS (Jeddah, SA)
Dar Al-Hekma College is a rapidly growing private college for women located in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. The College is host to female students, faculty and administrators from more than 22 countries. The curriculum is formed on the American model and the medium of instruction is English.
We are currently seeking competent female candidates to fill the following positions in architectural design with a specialization in one or more of the following fields:
– Advanced Design Studios with a strong digital component (3D modeling, visualization and digital fabrication).
– Advanced digital technology (BIM, 3D MAX, Rhinoceros) and digital fabrication.
– Building systems and Environmental Control.
Candidates are expected to have one of the following career paths:
A) A professional architecture degree (BArch or MArch) and a PhD degree. Experience in architectural practice, evidence of successful teaching, and/or expertise with digital design tools would be an asset.
B) A professional architecture degree (BArch or MArch) and a strong record of innovative, leading-edge practice. A post-professional (research) degree, evidence of successful teaching, and/or expertise with digital design tools would be an asset.
Successful candidates will teach advanced architectural design studios and core courses in the above mentioned fields, lead collaborative activities, bring innovative ideas to teaching, advance the discipline through research or practice, and engage actively in administrative functions to shape the School’s future.
To apply, please prepare a digital package that includes all of the following items:
– A letter that indicates the position (Design + Digital technology; or Design + Building Systems) and describes your area of specialization, your academic and professional background, and your architectural research focus.
– Curriculum Vitae.
– Names, addresses, and e-mail addresses of four referees who are providing a letter of reference (including at least one from a senior academic and one from a senior architectural practitioner).
– Samples of any teaching work (course syllabi, work by students; max. 10 pages).
– Samples of your design/research work (max. 10 pages).
If you are interested in the position , please submit your resume to: