PROJECT DIRECTOR (Hong Kong, CN)
Herzog & de Meuron is a leading international architecture studio with its headquarter in Basel and subsidiaries in Germany, Spain, UK, France, USA and Hong Kong.
To complete the team in our Hong Kong office for the prestigious M+ Museum we are seeking for a Project Director.
M+ is the new museum for visual culture in Hong Kong, focusing on 20th and 21st century art, design, architecture and moving image. The building will be situated on the waterfront of Victoria Harbour at the edge of a planned 14-hectare park. It will be one of the first projects to be completed in the West Kowloon Cultural District, and a key venue in creating interdisciplinary exchange between the visual arts and the performing arts in Asia.
Requirements for the position are:
– 10-15 years of proven professional experience in management of large scale projects in Hong Kong (preferred public or cultural projects)
– Registration as authorized person preferred
– Advanced training in project management, costing and construction management preferred
– Well-versed with statutory processes in Hong Kong
– Ability to manage complexity on organizational and political fields
– Excellent communication and coordination skills are essential in dealing with all project parties especially with Clients, Government and Consultants
– Convincing communicator with strong leadership qualities, and ability to motivate people and manage staff
– Excellent communication in spoken and written English (fluency in Cantonese preferred)
Your application should include a cover letter (stating availability and salary expectation), a complete resume, and a portfolio in a PDF format not to exceed 10 MB. You can send your documents either by using our online application form or by posting it to us referring to the reference number P14-2.
Herzog & de Meuron
Human Resources P14-2