IN-HOUSE INTERIOR DESIGNER (Londres, UK)
We are looking for an exceptional talent to take on responsibility for designing, initially our one stop flag ship store of 1,500 square metres. Our ambition is to thus offer exceptional and unseen in-house interior design services to our demanding clientele once the showroom is up and running.
The ideal candidate will show excellent initiative and will have a proven track record of experience within the high-end rug industry ideally gained in the premium/luxury sector.
Our ambition is to become an iconic home British furniture brand which will be as synonymous with luxury as leading fashion brands like Burberry whilst continuing to deliver exceptional commercial results and fast lead time.
The in-house interior designer role will be one of the creative leads in the company. The position will appeal to an imaginative, creative, visionary candidate who can make things happen and achieve results:
– design and create our brand new retail show room in order to achieve an impressive luxury and homely feel
– manage the process of upholstery, furniture and merchandising selection from our products range to create stunning and distinctive room sets displayed in our showroom
– be the creative talent for the outstanding showroom presentation of readymade products, displaying them at their absolute best
– have proven and impressive fabric and design knowledge
– be a team player working closely with the other members of the design team, the merchandising manager and the owner of the company
The successful candidate for the position will possess a huge amount of creative flair for high-end timeless and luxurious interior design, fabrics and furniture but also proven track of design achievements within our industry.
The following attributes are essential:
– successful background with a well-established interior design company/competitor/furniture-furnishing or home ware brand
– thorough understanding of current and future market demands in furniture and fabrics
– technical skills are essential, especially proficiency in AutoCAD, Studio Max and drawing and sketching ability
– good spatial awareness, imagination and creativity are also essential
– you will need excellent communication skills, both for client liaison in the future and with our sales team
– it is paramount to have empathy in order to see a space or a design problem from the client’s point of view
– team work is essential
– motivation and the ability to work unsupervised and deliver results
– competition is fierce in the industry, so a proactive approach, ambition, and determination are necessary for success
– business skills and awareness
– the ability to work under pressure and attention to detail
– must be within easy commute of west London
– excellent salary. Flexible depending on experience and talent
– generous incentive plan
– career development
Please apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org.