IN-HOUSE RUG DESIGNER (Londres, UK)
We are looking for an exceptional talent to take on responsibility for designing, creating and sourcing our future rug collection. The ideal candidate will show excellent initiative and will have a proven track record of experience within the high-end rug industry ideally gained in the premium/luxury sector.
The company has achieved very high growth by selecting various merchandising items, including rugs from different manufacturers and brands. The challenge is to drive sales growth and development of our own rugs. Our ambition is to become an iconic British furniture brand which will be as synonymous with luxury as leading fashion brands like Burberry whilst continuing to deliver exceptional commercial results and fast lead time.
– prepare sketches of rug ideas, detailed drawings, and illustrations
– evaluate feasibility of design ideas, based on factors such as appearance, quality production costs/methods, and market characteristics of the S&C company
– direct and coordinate the fabrication of models or samples and the drafting of working drawings and specification sheets from sketches
– present designs and reports to merchandising manager for approval, and discuss need for modification
– confer with the S&C merchandising team to establish and evaluate design concepts for the rugs
– study competing products and design styles and motifs to obtain perspective and generate design concepts
– research production specifications, costs, production materials and manufacturing methods, and provide cost estimates and itemised production requirements
– develop manufacturing procedures and monitor the manufacture of our designs in various factories
– training for sales team
Skills and experience:
– at least three to five years of buying experience in rugs
– expert knowledge of rug/merchandise lines handled, plus thorough knowledge of buying and selling techniques and negotiation
– possesses excellent planning and organisational ability with outstanding communication skills
– minimum £45,000 salary, with exceptional earnings potential
– benefits within company
– potential to develop role and rug department
Please apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org.