ARCHITECT / INTERN ARCHITECT (Toronto, CA)
Teeple Architects Inc. is an award winning, medium-sized firm (30 people) with a reputation for designing innovative projects of exceptional quality and for providing our clients with excellent service. The firm has built this reputation through a broad range of institutional, commercial and residential projects, community and recreation centres, libraries, schools and university buildings.
We are seeking an Intermediate level Architect / Intern Architect to join our office in downtown Toronto, principally to take responsibility for overseeing the construction stages of a complex sports leisure project the firm is undertaking on the waterfront in Toronto. In addition, this position will also involve working on a variety of leisure, residential and institutional projects at different stages of the architectural design process.
Job Role & Responsibilities:
– Prepare contract documents, undertake Contract Administration and construction Field Review duties for a complex sports leisure project on Toronto’s waterfront.
– Liaise with Design Team Consultants and co-ordinate Consultants’ work packages.
– Interface directly with Client groups, General Contractor and Municipal Authorities.
– Take responsibility for resolving any outstanding Municipal Approvals and Building Permit issues and gaining all required Approvals and Permits for the works.
– In addition to the principle responsibilities, successful candidate will be required to contribute to the conceptual and technical design and preparation of presentations, drawing packages, municipal approvals submissions and construction documents on a range of institutional and residential projects within Teeple Architects Inc., using a variety of design software packages.
– Outstanding design skills and a sharp, critical eye.
– Ability to lead a working drawing team with minimal supervision in preparing a set of contract documents, and significant experience in consultant coordination.
– Excellent technical skills, detailing skills and a good understanding of building envelope science.
– Working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code.
– Field review and contract administration experience essential.
– Experience with the City of Toronto planning approvals process and building permit process, particularly relating to development on Toronto waterfront, essential.
– Experience with sports and recreation facilities, private clubs, and waterfront projects.
– Experience and ability to contribute to all stages of architectural projects – from inception to construction required.
– Ability to mentor junior staff and to contribute to the vibrant culture of the office a benefit.
– Excellent working proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, 3D Studio Max, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign) and MS Office Suite required.
– Ability to commence work immediately is preferred.
Education and Experience Requirements:
– Bachelor of Architecture / Master of Architecture degree.
– 6+ years professional experience working at all stages in the design and construction of high quality, complex buildings.
– OAA registered or equivalent provincial or international licensed – AIA, ARB with willingness to become OAA licensed a benefit.
– Professional experience working in internationally renowned offices an asset.
– Position based in our office at 5 Camden Street, Toronto, M5V 1V2, with travel and site visits as required on project basis.
– Permanent, full-time position, 40 hours/week
– Staring salary $50,000 min. – $60,000 max. dependent on experience.
– Position Available immediately
– Comprehensive benefits package available
Applications will be accepted in electronic format only. CV’s and Portfolios should be sent by e-mail in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be certain to name files with your name (i.e. John_Smith_CV.pdf) and optimize the file size for easy transmittal (less than 10MB).
Please note that calls will not be accepted and Teeple Architects Inc. cannot accept responsibility for, or return, any physical works submitted. We welcome all applications, however due to the large number we receive, only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.