DESIGN MANAGER (Dubai, AE)
Important Construction Company is looking for a Design Managers for a building construction project in Dubai.
He/She will lead a team of Architects, Engineers and Estimators from the early feasibility stages of the project right through the project lifecycle, overseeing that the design is upheld and maintained under scope whilst complying with budgetary and timeline framework.
– The Design Manager shall be the point of contact in front of the client to unveil his needs and follow up with him that the requirements are met beyond initial expectations.
– Together with the client develop comprehensive scope of work, catalog of deliverables and design schedule, whether the client may be a group company or an external customer.
– Lead the design meetings and provide input to optimize design and minimize futile work.
– Manage project workload and costs within the team, asses own team capacity and determine when sub-consultants may be needed.
– Negotiate scope of services, deliverables and fees with sub-consulting firms.
– Ensure projects and finished graphics are accurate, consistent, sufficiently detailed for purpose and visually impacting.
– Manage and keep record of office design knowledge base.
– Drive innovation and enable the introduction of state of the art design tools and technologies.
– Coach the design team towards greater creativity, enthusiasm, commitment and professional growth.
The ideal candidate:
– A licensed architect, with a design background further evolved into a design management role working for top tier design management consultancy firms in the US and/or Europe.
– He/She will hold a degree in Architecture. Postgraduate education and training in Project/Design Management will be considered a plus. Would be an advantage to be RIBA, NACARB, EXAC.
– He/She will have at least 10 years of experience in large building projects.
– He/She will have achieved a significant seniority through his/her past positions.
– He/She will be a business oriented professional with strong communication skills so as to interact with the client and develop project scope and expectancies to be met.
– Open minded and familiar with multicultural working environments.
– A practical, empathic and proactive leader able to drive the team towards excellence.
– He/She will be fluent in English. Fluency in French and/or Spanish will be a plus.
Send updated CV in English to email@example.com