ARCHITECT – PROJECT MANAGER (Vancouver, CA)
AECOM’s Burnaby office is currently seeking an Architect – Project Manager to join our growing Buildings and Places team. The Buildings and Places Team is a vibrant and growing business line which delivers project management, architectural and engineering services as well as planning and economic analysis for vertical construction projects
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
– Lead the successful design, production, coordination and management of buildings projects
– Communicate effectively with clients and internal team members with highly developed written, oral and graphical skills
– Shows a high level of creativity and innovation in the development of designs for projects
– Design and specification development for architectural building systems
– Prepare designs, calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic drawings, and working drawings, develop details and edit specifications.
– Ensure accuracy, completeness and quality of technical information and project documentation in accordance with QA/QC programs;
– Ensure that architectural deliverables (e.g., drawings, specifications, analysis) comply with applicable codes and regulations, standards, corporate procedures and sound architectural practices;
– Work closely with other disciplines including Engineers, Designers and Project Managers as a key team player in a collaborative framework within an integrated multi-disciplinary project delivery team
– Assignments have clear and specific objectives requiring investigation of limited set of variables.
– Adapt and modify design features and operational methods to meet a variety of situations. Recommend and selects procedure.
– Writes reports and specifications covering architectural matters.
– Develop technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Work under general direction of senior project managers and technical discipline leaders.
– Independently determine and develop approach to solutions. Independently evaluate, select, and apply standard architectural techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgment for minor adaptations and modifications.
– May be responsible for project management functions related to phases of individual revenue-producing projects.
– Degree in Architecture from a recognized post secondary institution
– Minimum of 8 years experience
– Project management experience
– Current experience in Revit and Autocad
– Have led multiple projects from start to finish
– Highly self-motivated and self-directed with the ability to follow through on short and long term tasks
– Have a proven track record of maintaining high quality standards while working to tight deadlines
– 12 years professional experience
– Registration, or eligibility for registration in the Province of British Columbia as well as other provincial jurisdictions.
– LEED AP an asset
– Light Transit Facility Related Experience
more job details and application