ARCHITECTURE INTERN (Vancouver, CA)
AECOM’s Burnaby office is currently seeking an Architectural Intern to join our growing Buildings and Places team. The Buildings and Places Team is a vibrant and growing business line which delivers project management, architectural and engineering services as well as planning and economic analysis for vertical construction projects
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
– Contributes significantly to the successful design, production, coordination and management of buildings projects
– Communicates effectively with clients and internal team members under the direction of the Project Architect to contribute in the design and specification development of architectural building systems
– Shows a high level of creativity and innovation in the development of designs for projects
– Prepares basic designs, calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic drawings, and working drawings, develops details and edits specifications.
– Ensure accuracy, completeness and quality of technical information and project documentation in accordance with QA/QC programs;
– Ensure that architectural deliverables (e.g., drawings, specifications, analysis) comply with applicable codes and regulations, standards, corporate procedures and sound architectural practices;
– Work closely with the Architectural Team and other disciplines including Engineers, Designers and Project Managers as a key team player in a collaborative framework within an integrated multi-disciplinary project delivery team
– Must be registered with the AIBC or eligible to be registered in the province of British Columbia.
– 1 year minimum post-graduate experience
– Proficient with Revit software and AutoCAD
– Proficiency in MS Office, Adobe Suite, and Sketch up are mandatory.
– Demonstrate strong conceptual design skills
more job details and application