POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER (Espoo, FI)
The Department of Architecture is looking for a POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER in the field of Design Methodologies in Architecture for a 2-year-period. The position will be filled as soon as possible, but the starting date is negotiable.
The purpose of the postdoctoral researcher is to support and strengthen research at the Department of Architecture. The duties of the postdoctoral researcher include:
– Preparing research, development and design projects at the department
– Implementing and leading these projects under the leading of the professor of Emergent Design Methodologies
– Participation in teaching in architecture
– Participation in the development and administration work of the department
The post-doctoral researcher will work in the context of a new thematic focus group at the department, Group X. Group X hosts thematically not only architectural design methodologies, but also wellbeing architecture (the development of social and healthcare facilities) and service architecture (architecture conceived as a service) and pursues these themes and fields in research and teaching. The purpose of Group X is also to constructively question the premises and activities of other groups at the department and play a key role in the interdisciplinary activities of the department.
A successful candidate should have:
– Fluent skill in English language
– Architect’s degree
– Doctor’s degree within the last five years related to the research of design
– Knowledge on the design methods of contemporary international architecture
– Design skills
To apply for the position, please submit your application containing
1) your CV,
2) the portfolio of your design and/or planning projects and
3) a short statement about the future development of architecture,
through the eRecruitment system, by February 25th 2014.
Professor Antti Ahlava
+358 50 324 1179